Monday, November 5, 2012

Play hard

It is so much fun watching our little son grow. Every day he can do something new, has a new trick or skill. This morning, he took his first steps all by himself. Both DH and I were around to see this. How lucky are we!

He loves to stack things - and gets so excited about it. 


I based it on Sketchabilities Nr 78. Perfect sketch for this event. 


I took the sketch quite literal. I just replaced the splatters of ink with some glass pebbles. I am not good with ink, liquid glue or other runny things. Desasters always happen when I use them!

Here are some close-ups

I used the spellbinders foliage dies for the leafs, added a bit of "stormy sky" and "vintage photo" (Tim Holtz) to match the colors. 


All items are from my stash. It is fun to mix and match. Only the Washi tape is new - such a cool thing. You can get it here: Conny Scrapme. She has tons of it!

And the last flower cluster. I inked the originally white flowers to match the papers and stamped a background stamp on it for added texture. 


Since this is about our boy, here is something about our girl. She loves spelling! Every day, we do some German. We follow a great method, which focuses on different aspects of the German language. Her favorite aspect is the spelling book. 


Thanks for stopping by!
All the best, 
Elisabeth



6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout! I love the colors and how you mixed and matched from your stash! It looks like it was all meant t be together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ein tolles Layout! Deine Geschichte dazu ist so schön... Danke für´s Mitmachen bei Sketchabilities! Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so pretty. i love your floral clusters. congrats on having such a wonderful student. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors and photos are so cute!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketchabilities.
    Yumi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color and flower.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketchabilities

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet photos! I love all your layers and the navy blue! Thanks for joining us at Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete

Frosted Design

Frosted Design

November Guest Designer

November Guest Designer
Yeah! My first Guest Design assignment

Sketchy Thursday