Monday, July 26, 2010

Butterfly Garden - Sketchy Thursday

You just have to love Sketchy Thursday! Every week a new inspiration! And last week, I even won! If you are ever in need of inspiration, check out their wonderful sketch archive.

This week's sketch was quite interesting:




And here is what I did. Per request of my DD with LOTS of butterflies!




Almost everything is from the July Kit from Swirlydoos. Just the flowers are from my stash. First, I stamped the cardstock with a gorgeous Prima stamp (which was in the kit as well!), traced the burgundy cardstock with a Dusty Attic swirl (from a previous kit). Braided the little roses into a bouquet and made the little pearl swigs.

With the help of my DD, we punched over 60 butterflies for the "butterfly trail"in the middle of the page. Since I ran out of burgundy cardstock, I used the Bo Bunny Serenade paper to finish it off. It is almost the same color and the added glitter worked out just fine.

This picture was taken in Attersee, in front of the most wonderful old house. The garden itself was filled with butterflies and it felt just like an enchanted place.

Thanks for looking!!!
Elisabeth

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I love all those butterflies
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Elizabeth! Thank you so much for your visit and comment on my lo, it is much appreciated!
    This page is absolutely beautiful, love all these little flowers and butterflies! really looks fabulous!
    Hugs
    Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog for a visit, I am now following you so I don't miss any of your wonderful creations! I love your LO's! This one is so gorgeous, it totally has the look and feel of an enchanted wonderland. Love the sweet pic of your daughter too:) Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! I love love love love love love love the photos and all those AMAZING butterflies! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how sweet is this - love the butterflies

    ReplyDelete

Frosted Design

Frosted Design

November Guest Designer

November Guest Designer
Yeah! My first Guest Design assignment

Sketchy Thursday