Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Stamping Basics

I have only recently started to use stamps. Since I had a very hard time, I would like to share some very basic things about it. You probably know about it already, but if it helps one person to be a bit less frustrated, then I am happy!

  • Store your ink pads up side down. This way all the ink is where it should be.
  • Before you use a clear stamp, rub it slightly with a soft eraser. This way the ink is applied more evenly.
  • The smoother the paper, the crispier the image.
  • Before you color your stamp, wait until it is really dry. (This is a no brainer, but guess how many stamps I messed up until I followed this one LOL!)
  • Using color pencils, which can be then worked with water give the best of both worlds: the precision of the color pencil and the great, smooth texture from water colors. ( I love using my Jumbo Grip Faber Castell)
  • Stamps are great for 3 D! Just stamp several and cut out section and layer them.
Photos to follow soon!
What are YOUR best stamping tips? I would love to learn from you! Thank you for leaving me a comment !
All the best,
Elisabeth

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the tips. I love to use colored pencils with gamsol(odorless mineral spirits)with stamping. You can use any colored pencils and blend away.

    ReplyDelete

Frosted Design

Frosted Design

November Guest Designer

November Guest Designer
Yeah! My first Guest Design assignment

Sketchy Thursday