Saturday, May 19, 2012

Baden Sketchabilities

On Thursday, we drove out to Baden bei Wien to celebrate my nephew's confirmation. I love family gatherings. We get along really well and it is so nice to see many of them on such a happy occasion. The weather forecast was sunny and warm..... the scrapper in me started thinking - I got the new country garden collection from Bo Bunny with lots of blues......let's see.....my little girls Dirndl is blue.....I can dress Michi in blue..... you get the idea! Then, it was so cold when we took the picture that DD had to wear hear sweater ....which is bright pink. Sigh.....


So I had to tweak it a bit and added some pink from Prima Meadow Lark and I used the "fade color" option in iphoto since the pink is really, really pink. 

Here is a close up of the sewing, title and journaling. 


I based it on the sketch 71 from Sketchabilities. I only flipped it since the paper had the cute pattern in the upper right corner, which I used for the title. 





Thanks for stopping by!
All the best, 
Elisabeth

10 comments:

  1. A stunning LO Elisabeth, what gorgeous paper. The sketch is very nice too, like how you have flipped it. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty page! That line worked so well with your photos. I love the flowers trailing up the side. Here in the States, most preschool's have a little graduation type party. Actually, depending on the state/school district, they do make a big deal at the end of kindergarten and then going from elementary school to the junior high. My oldest didn't have a kindergarten graduation, but did have one at the end of 6th grade as she was leaving elementary school. My middle had a kindergarten graduation. We moved to where we currently are at the beginning of 1st grade, so there wasn't the little graduation party at the end of elem. They don't do any of that stuff, even at the end of kindergarten. This district we are in is so different than the others I have dealt with. Here, they are very very homework heavy, and on some things expect the kids to act like adults, but on other things they coddle them. This district is also very much in your business with telling you how to raise your kids. That does not sit well with me one bit. As for the bluebird issue, he moved the birdhouse! Both hubby and I were shocked! It has helped some. Now, to clean the outside of my house. It's disgusting. It wouldn't mattered to do it if they were still hanging around like they were. I hope you and your family are having a good weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Elisabeth!!! Your little one is growing up too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I love the flowers along the side, the stitching, and your handwriting is lovely. Great take on the sketch. Your children are growing so quickly. Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos are just adorable. The soft colors and the details are just perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet layout! Love the flowers, and is turned out great when you flipped the sketch.
    Thanks for playing along with Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!very sweet.
    I love the soft color at your LO.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page, I love the soft colors!!! Thank you for playing with us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This came out just beautiful and I love this paper collection too! Thank you so much for joining us on Sketchabilites with this adorable page :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Herzlichen Glückwunsch an dein "feature" :)!!!

    ReplyDelete

Frosted Design

Frosted Design

November Guest Designer

November Guest Designer
Yeah! My first Guest Design assignment

Sketchy Thursday