Saturday, April 9, 2011

Traunkirchen in the rain °°°SNIPS AND SNAILS°°° plus page tutorial

It is time again for another new kit release from Snips and Snails! This absolutely wonderful kit is called Puddle Jumpin' and features the cutest items for all those great rain photos. I love the blues in the collection and the alpha is sooo sweet.

There is so much in there! Have a look!

You can buy this super cute kit for just $9

Now for my page tutorial.
When using hybrid techniques, one is limited to printing the papers in A4. Since I love scrapping 12x12 pages, this is sometimes a bit of a challenge.

I am sure you have heard about the rule of the thirds for creating really balanced and expressive layouts. First I mentally divide my page into 9 squares.

Where the lines cross, one marked by the blue circle, these are the focal points. This is where you might want to put the items which should catch the viewer's eye.When using different colored papers, it usually looks quite good if you use one paper for 1/3 and the other paper for 2/3 rds of the page.Now, put the photo and the embellishments according to the grid and you are done. You will notice that I have put the adorable tag on the upper right crossing of the lines.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!
All the best,
Elisabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frosted Design

Frosted Design

November Guest Designer

November Guest Designer
Yeah! My first Guest Design assignment

Sketchy Thursday