Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunday It's my birthday!

I am 38 today! Wow. I don't feel like it. I always thought, once I will get closer to 40 I will feel more settled, calm, know how things work. Yeah right. I am still searching for the right balance of kids, me time, husband and then again, work. 

Shock-  I know - a double pager! That only happens every few months. 

Last week, my mother and her partner had to go back to Australia. The kids and I took her to the airport. We had a great time together and I am very sad she could not stay longer. Based on a sketch by Frosted Designs.


Close up of the left side. DS adores Nonna! I used some older Tim Holtz travel items for decoration.


 Close up of the right side. I made the flower from some Glitz tulle.


The trumpet vine from Petaloo was in my stash for almost a year until I found the perfect matching papers and photo. 


I coated the Kaisercraft letters with gesso, then with smooch frosted aqua. "baba" is what kids say for bye, bye and Nonna is Italian for Grandmother. 

Thanks for stopping by!
All the best, 
Elisabeth

6 comments:

  1. happy birthday! love what you did with the alpha. great 2 pager.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all congratulations with your birthday, beautiful layout beautiful blue colors I find it difficult to make a double layout but this series of photos fitting for this layout. Too bad that you say goodbye to your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday!!! Hope you had a wonderful day. Anyway, such a beautiful layout. Love the lacey style edges and precious memories with you mom. And yeah...I agree double pages sketch rarely happen and you did an amazing job. Thank you for joining Frosted Design layout sketch challenge. Tenny :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute and colorful, love it, thanks for playing along with us at frosted desings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the colors and all of the flowers. Thanks for joining us over at Frosted Designs for our latest sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Frosted Design

Frosted Design

November Guest Designer

November Guest Designer
Yeah! My first Guest Design assignment

Sketchy Thursday