Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Winter Fun Sketchabilites Nr 84

 It is the 30th of the months and Karen has created yet another wonderful sketch. Here is my take on it.


 Here is the sketch: 

 I took those pictures on our first visit to the "Christkindlmarkt" -  a little market just for the Christmas season. It was pretty cold, but we all had lots of fun.

This layout is quite 3dimensional and I want to share a few techniques I used on this layout. 

First of all, I did not have a paper that matched DD's jacket. So I created my own paper. 
Here you see the picture - in iphoto, I just cropped the part of her jacket. 


Then I printed this section as big as possible on normal white paper, ran it through my cuttle bug using a Tim Holtz die and the swirls were done. 

I also used the cute little Prima Canvas resist flag, inked it, got it really wet, laid it between a few pens and dried it with a heatgun. 


After a while it looked like this: 


Thanks for stopping by! 
All the best, 
Elisabeth

4 comments:

  1. great techniques. love your take on the sketch. hope all is going well back in school. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Das winterliche Layout sieht so schön aus!
    LG Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout! I love how you created your own pattern paper. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete

Frosted Design

Frosted Design

November Guest Designer

November Guest Designer
Yeah! My first Guest Design assignment

Sketchy Thursday