Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cute as a button

DS has finally established some kind of routine. We already had a really good one and then the teething started messing up everything. Now we are on a good schedule with a short nap around 9:30 and a longer nap (about 1 hour) at 2pm. After that nap, he is very cuddly and likes to snuggle into DH or myself and snooze for about 3 more minutes. Those times are so precious. He then smiles when he is half asleep.... after that he is very playful! 




  It is based on the sketch by "The sampler kit club with this sketch



I had to flip it since there is that beautiful birdcage on the paper and I did not want to cover it up. 

Close up of the title and the sewing. I used the scallop from "sew easy".


I used bits and pieces of old Swirlydoos kits for this layout with the exception of the red flowers which are from SCRAPME 

I colored the zva bling with black copic markers and added some red pearls.


With the terrible weather, it is really hard to get decent shots of the layout. One of the annoying aspects of fall.

Here I am using my new spellbinder die cut- I first had it in green but did not like it. Then I just used the same cardstock as for the title and for me, this works better.


DD and I went to a local craft fair last weekend. It was a great mommy-daughter time and she made some beautiful items. I have to say I am very happy that we share this hobby.




Thanks for stopping by!
All the best, 



Elisabeth

3 comments:

  1. love your layout. great take on the sketch. i wouldn't want to cover the birdhouse either. your son is adorable. enjoy the time, they grow so fast. how lucky you are to share your hobby with your daughter. she made some lovely items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure is (cute as a button) And I love the button in the "o" space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for playing along at The Sampler Kit Club blog. I really love the way you added the red pearls to the bling swirl. It really adds a lot to your design! Your daughter's projects are beautiful too. Talent must run in the family!

    ReplyDelete

Frosted Design

Frosted Design

November Guest Designer

November Guest Designer
Yeah! My first Guest Design assignment

Sketchy Thursday