Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Fall down - get up - fix your crown

Christmas is over and we had such a great time. Simple, low key but "gemütlich" (comfortable does not really describe it, rather cozy or something in between)

Today, I started writing my classlists, getting my teacher's planner ready - I will be back to work after a year of vacation (aka maternity leave). Since there was no teacher's planner left in the office, I decided to make my own - and make it sparkly. 

The sketch from the Sampler was perfect for the backside of the planner. Simple but effective. 


I have to apologize for the blur - we have had terrible weather for the past few days and this is the best shot I could get using an OTT light and in real life, the ribbon is straight - I even used a ruler!  

The text says: fall down, get up, fix your crown, carry on. 
This is a reminder for me to accept that mistakes will happen...  For me, my job is very, very important - teaching children and young adults is a huge responsibility. So, when a lesson does not go so well (fall down), I will analyze what happened (get up), learn from it (fix my crown) and move on. 

I will leave you with our family photo - I am so happy that I have those two cute kids and my wonderful husband. Now I just have to wait for my Swirlydoos December kit to scrap this photo! 





Thanks for stopping by!
All the best, 
Elisabeth

3 comments:

  1. Lovely planner. What a great idea to use the sketch from the sampler. Love your family photo. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for playing along with the challenge at The Sampler!

    It was such a neat idea to use the sketch on the back of your planner. I'm loving the colors, and your family photo is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Frosted Design

Frosted Design

November Guest Designer

November Guest Designer
Yeah! My first Guest Design assignment

Sketchy Thursday